10 years of experience in strategic planning, development, and management of multi-million dollar business operations with a specific expertise in the entertainment industry.
||Project Management and Strategic Development in Advertising and Integrated Marketing Campaigns
||Profit and Loss Management $150,000,000 +
||Ad Sales (on-line and television)
||Contract Negotiations (music licensing, television,
on-line, print, direct mail, DRTV, telemarketing, outdoor , podcasting, SMT, talent, event sponsorships)
||Creative Direction (on-line and television)
||Development of premium television and
on-line subscriber acquisitions
Media Consultant, Los Angeles, CA ( 2004- Present)
Starz Entertainment Television Networks, Los Angeles, CA ( 2006- 2007)
Manager, Affiliate Sales and Marketing:
- Determined how to effect, change, and maximize Starz Entertainment (SE) service subscribers and revenue through promoting, selling, pricing, packaging, and positioning (SE) services. (DRTV, On-line, Direct Mail, Telemarketing, Print, Outdoor, POS, consumer promotion campaigns- demo reel upon request)
- Managed west coast affiliates for Starz! Key Accounts including Cox AZ the largest revenue system account for Starz Ent.
- Devised marketing strategies, implemented tactics, analyzed trends and results to grow market share of (SE) products through strategic campaigns.
- Utilized information of the marketplace from various perspectives about (SE) and affiliate business initiatives, competitive activities, and available resources to derive monthly business plans.
- Strategically used resources, including Point-of-Sale Specialists and other corporate support groups.
Responsible for building strong affiliate relationships in order to facilitate or expedite the sell-in process of (SE) initiatives.
- Established credibility with customers so they will share non-proprietary information (i.e. (SE) data, other customer data, and marketplace intelligence).
- Tracked subscriber and revenue results of each assigned business unit to ensure revenue growth goals are achieved and in many cases exceeded.
- Monitored contract compliance as it relates to pricing, packaging, and positioning of (SE) services and effectively communicated any real or potential concern in compliance to DVP, DOS, or other members of the Senior Team.
- Sold and launched new networks and services to affiliates. (Launched 5 new HD channels during my year with Starz)
Time Warner Media Sales (Formerly Adelphia and Charter Media), Los Angeles, CA (1998 –2006)
Sr. Account Executive/ Film Specialist:
- Accomplished track record driving revenue against both established as well as non traditional media and marketing platforms (spot television, on-line, production and event marketing sales goals and revenues)
- Provided guidance to management regarding market trends, client’s needs and creative solutions as to leverage media partnerships for maximum effect.
- Directed and maintained the sale and distribution of spot television inventory on cable networks (A & E, CNN, ESPN, and MTV amongst others) for major World Wide Agencies and direct clients including: Carat USA, McCann, Chiat Day, Starcom, Sony Picture Entertainment, Paramount Studios, Universal Studios, Warner Brothers, NIKE, Hugo Boss, Mandalay Bay Lions Gate Entertianment, IFC Films, Mun 2 Networks, Sci –Fi Networks, Fox Searchlight Studios, MTV Films etc.
- Specialized in Account Management for Major Studio Theatrical Releases and Network original releases.
- Developed consumer advertising campaigns with 3rd party promotional tie in’s for various film releases including: “Lord of the Rings”, “Monster”, “Chicago”, “My Big Fat Greek Wedding,” “Napoleon Dynamite”, “Somethings Gotta Give”, “Bowling for Columbine”, “The Cooler”,“My Big Fat Greek Wedding,” “I Am Sam”, “Whale Rider”, “The Good Girl”, “Monster’s Ball”, “Napoleon Dynamite”, “Thirteen”, “White Oleander”, “Sidewalks of New York”, “Donnie Darko”, “The Secretary”,”Girl with a Pearl Earring”, “In America”, “Igby Goes Down”, “Rodger Dodger”, “Remember the Titans”, “The Safety of Objects”, “The Fog of War”, “One Hour Photo”, “Swept Away”, “The Dreamers”, “The United States of Leland”, “The Triplets of Belleville”, “Personal Velocity”, “Nicolas Nickelby”, “Lilo & Stitch”, “Gangs of New York”, “Better Luck Tomorrow”, “Super Size Me”, “Memento”, “Boys Don’t Cry”, “Sexy Beast”, “In the Bedroom”, “The Deep End”, “Antwone Fisher”, “The Italian Job” amongst many others.
- Created, Managed, and developed Adelphia’s first, “Behind the Scenes 60 sec. spot advertising campaign” to build new and additional company revenue streams. On-air examples include: “Adaptation”, “In America”, “The Cooler,”etc
- Directed accounts from proposal through post-analysis on multiple advertising, PR, and Promotional Campaigns.
- Was responsible for the daily supervision of Sales Assistants, Editors, and Sales Traffic Coordinators.
- Forecasted and managed multiple Marketing, Advertising, Promotional and PR budgets in multi-million dollar ranges.
- Maintained working knowledge of research products such as Nielsen and MRI.
- Directed producers on film trailer creative.
- Managed multiple promotional film screenings targeting consumers through retail marketing channels for studio clients.
The Queen Mary (Historic Ship, Hotel, and Theme Park), Long Beach, CA (1998)
Webmaster/Advertising, PR and Promotions Department:
- Developed, implemented, and managed large events from set-up to show. (I.E. 1999 New Years Eve, Russian Scorpion Arrival 1998, 4th of July’s K-Big 104 Red White and Boom, and Shipwrecked 1998).
- Liaison for The Queen Mary with radio station, television networks, magazines, and print mediums on a National and International basis (I.E. media buying and public relations).
- Talent recruiter for media and events such as “Shipwrecked 1998”.
- Copywriter for television, print, radio ads, and full content development of The Queen Mary Website.
- On air appearances in Publicity for Ship (I.E. Television and Radio).
- Devised and Maintained all marketing plans and content uploads for The Queen Mary Website www.queenmary.com
- Developed the first e-commerce package transactions for The Queen Mary Website.
Epson America, Inc. (Fortune 500 Computer Printing Manufacturer), Long Beach, CA (1996- 1997)
Website Content Coordinator:
- Developed Content for Epson America’s O.E.M. first generation Website launch in 1996 http://pos.epson.com
- Product manager liaison for Web content amongst Senior Executives including Marketing, Legal, Technical, Advertising, and Sales Departments.
- Copywriter for O.E.M site where content was duplicated internationally.
- Supervised and implemented all content up loads to Epson’s web development agency “Rare Medium”.
- Monitored and reported to Senior Management regarding web transactions and financial e-commerce activity.
- Managed all aspects of Banner advertising negotiations.
Proficient in multiple Computer programs: All Microsoft Office applications I.E. Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook, Trained in PC and Macintosh based Computer Systems, Lotus Notes, HTML, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Photoshop, Strata, Lexus, Cable Scan, Qualitap, Adobe Page Mill, NIELSEN MRI Software etc.
Education: B.S. Business Administration, California State University Long Beach Class of 1998
1997 Certification High Tech Marketing and Advertising
Extra Curricular Activities and Awards: Member Delta Delta Delta Sorority 1994-1997 VP of Academics 1996, PADI certified open water scuba diver, Nominated for National Cable Award from CAB Cable Advertising Bureau in 2002 for outstanding billing record in a specialized field, Annual Awards from 1998-2006 every year consistently for meeting and exceeding budget expectations.
EXCELLENT REFERENCES, A- LIST CONTACTS, VIDEO DEMO REEL UPON REQUEST